Virgin has put together a list of the top 11 friendliest cities for bikes in the world, based on criteria advanced by the League of American Bicyclists.
1. Engineering (bike parking, designated lanes, etc.)
2. Encouragement (events and campaigns)
3. Evaluation and Planning (ongoing political bodies that make changes to existing laws and plan for the future)
4. Education (bike maps and awareness campaigns)
5. Enforcement (making motorists heel)
NYC 4-Boro Protected Bike Lane Ride - I've been riding a bike in NYC for over 25 years. Back then there was little to nothing for a cyclist. You had to brave, mostly male and willing to However...
5 days ago